The Live Events
The Pitch live events are arguably the most crucial stage of the competition, giving contestants the opportunity to bring their written application to life, show off their pitching skills and really sell their business.
This year will focus on learning and development, and will provide contestants and delegates alike with a valuable chance to improve their current business practices, as well as giving you the opportunity to network with some of the best small businesses in the UK.
The Pitch Final
- Bristol – Thursday 23rd October, 9am - 8pm, Paintworks
The Pitch 2014 Final is the dramatic culmination to our huge small business competition and you can be there for only £10! Buy a ticket below.
- Hear from Bristol mayor, architect and entrepreneur George Ferguson
- Learn how Mark Pearson went from growing up on a council estate to selling an online business for £55m
- Get tips for raising investment from Bristol entrepreneur Andrew Mulvenna who recently secured £6m for his Bristol business, Brightpearl
- Find out what it's like to be part of The Pitch and get investment on Dragons' Den from The Pitch 2013 finalist Jennifer Duthie, founder of Skribbies
- Be inspired by entrepreneur Jim Pizer, the founder of Bristol restaurant chain The Thali Cafe
- Listen to The Pitch 2014 judges Judith Bitterli, Karen Darby and Lara Morgan who have started and sold businesses for millions
- Attend free, expert led workshops on subjects including digital marketing, financial management and online branding
- Network with other entrepreneurs and meet investors looking for small businesses to back
The Pitch Judges
Our panel of expert judges hold the fate of all of the businesses who take part in The Pitch 2014 in their hands. With years of entrepreneurial experience under their belts they're extremely qualified to make the final call on who goes through to the next stage of the competition, and are integral to The Pitch 2014.
Meet our expert judges here.
The Pitch Boot Camps
This year we’ve expanded our live events with the introduction of The Pitch Boot Camps; two intensive, hands on workshop events which will encourage the 100 shortlisted contestants to network, learn, and hone their pitching skills.
The boot camps will be hosted regionally, with one Northern, and one Southern heat.
Find out more about The Pitch boot camps here.