Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our website. The term "the website" refers to ThePitchUK.co.uk, which is an event presented by BusinessZone.co.uk, a site operated by Sift Media, part of Sift, whose registered office is Bridge House, 48-52 Baldwin Street, Bristol BS1 1QB. Our company registration number is registered in England and Wales.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without ThePitchUK.com's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Information Collection and Use
We collect information when you submit your details for interest or entry to The Pitch competition. When entering The Pitch competition, your details are used to create an account/profile on ThePitchUK.com where you can manage your online application.
Upon entering The Pitch competition, your email address will be sent to Powermeeter, our partner provider for the video element of the competition application process. Your email will be used to automatically create an account for you on the Powermeeter site for you to easily access and create your (optional) video. Your information provided to Powermeeter will not be used by Powermeeter for any activity, sales or marketing, unless it is directly related to The Pitch. If you do create a video for your Pitch application you agree that The Pitch, and other related sites such as BusinessZone.com and UKBusinessForums, have the right to use the videos for any promotional and marketing purposes related to The Pitch.
Sift, the parent company of Sift Media, is the sole owner of the personal information collected from this Website.
Your details are never sold or rented to any third parties. However, where your details are requested to register interest or enter the competition, you agree that such details will be provided to The Pitch sponsors.
By entering The Pitch competition you agree that any information provided about yourself, your business or your business idea, whether it is in written and/or video format, will be shared with our panel of judges in order for them to assess and chose which applicants will advance to the next stages of the competition.
A cookie is a small text file written to your hard drive that contains information about your account on this Website. Cookies do not contain any personal information about users. During the course of your visit to this Website, the pages you see, along with a cookie, are downloaded to your device. Cookies enable us to collect useful information such as the device a user is using and whether they have visited the website before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
Information gathered from cookies helps us to analyse the behaviour of our visitors and their online behaviour and patterns. This means we can provide you with a better user experience by tailoring our site to your needs. We are constantly looking for ways in improve our website and information from cookies is critical for this.
Cookies do not give us any personal information about you or your business. They simply allow us to see which areas of the site are working well i.e. visited most and which content is most of interest.
Cookies also allow you to have a more seamless experience of using the site i.e. you remain logged in for entire sessions or multiple user sessions, removing the need to remember usernames and passwords on a regular basis. Our session cookies are therefore essential to the functionality and usability of our site.
Third Party Cookies on The Pitch pages
3rd party cookies only gather anonymous information. 3rd party cookies will come from Google Analytics and Powermeeter.
Any widgets we use like Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn may also set their own cookies and set their own Google analytics cookies.
You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
How to reject cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by any Sift Media website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies will have an impact on the functionality of this website and the quality of your user experience.
List of cookies used on this website:
Assigned when you log in, this keeps you logged in to the site so you don’t have to constantly re-enter your username and password. This cookie is essential for site functionality and the user experience.
Drupal (http://drupal.com/) is our content management system and sets these cookies to store user interface preferences.
|Primary ad server:
These cookies are responsible for, for example, displaying advertisements in a particular order or for showing particular ads to people in particular countries or locations.
We use this to monitor the volume of site traffic. This does not collect any personal information about you or your business.
|Behavioural ad targeting:
This contains a series of codes that denote categories a user falls into based on previous browsing. For example, that they have ‘viewed at least three articles about a particular subject in the last week’. No personal information about you or your business is collected or stored.
The content on the Website may include links to third party external sites. You agree that we cannot be held liable for the content, nature or reliability of any third party links.
This Website takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, please contact the operator of this site:
Correcting/updating your personal information
If your details change (such as your email address) you can edit it directly on your personal profile. If you have difficulties accessing your profile, please contact:
Notification of changes
We use a service called Mollom to monitor and protect our website from malicious activity. Mollom operates a web service that tries to determine the quality of member registrations and messages posted to our website, and particularly tries to determine whether these registrations/messages are to be considered as unsolicited registrations/messages (also called "spam").
The data Mollom stores about you:
The content of your message, your name or nickname, IP address, user ID, OpenID, e-mail address, URL of your website, and the date and time you post a message or registered.
For Mollom’s full terms and conditions, please click here.